Wing Bank (Cambodia) Plc, Credit Guarantee Corporation of Cambodia (CGCC), and Federation of Association for Small and Medium Enterprises of Cambodia (FASMEC) have forged an impactful strategic partnership—a visionary move aimed at boosting the growth of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Cambodia.
The collaboration is a strategic effort to address collateral challenges faced by SMEs when applying for bank loans and enhance financial literacy among the SMEs, exclusively for FASMEC members across the Kingdom. This will be achieved by providing financial solutions by Wing Bank on a collateral-free basis and secured with credit guarantees from the state-owned CGCC.
CEO of CGCC, Wong Keet Loong, said, “We are excited to partner with Wing Bank and FASMEC to support FASMEC’s SME members in increasing their access to loans through potential guarantees.”
“This partnership will provide valuable resources for FASMEC, enabling their members to grow and succeed by accessing financing and improving financial literacy, aligning with our goals at CGCC,” Wong highlighted.
CGCC, the first state-owned credit guarantee institution operating under the Ministry of Economy and Finance, aims to bolster local businesses by offering timely credit support. As of July 2023, CGCC has successfully granted credit guarantees amounting to $139.5 million, benefiting 1,648 enterprises. Nearly 92 per cent of these are micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs). In comparison, the remaining 8 per cent are larger businesses.
“Through our innovative financial solutions and partnership with CGCC and FASMEC, we are committed to empowering SMEs with greater access to finance,” said Han Peng Kwang, CEO of Wing Bank. “By providing flexible banking services and credit support, we are enabling SMEs to seize growth opportunities, drive innovation, and contribute to the overall prosperity of Cambodia.”
SMEs who are members of FASMEC can access not only finance guaranteed by CGCC through Wing Bank but also enjoy broader opportunities to connect with potential customers, vendors, and suppliers. This is made possible through Wing’s ecosystem.
Wing Bank provides convenient retail solutions through its WingPay platform, supporting transactions within the Wing ecosystem’s B2B and B2C platforms, including Wingmarket, WingAgri, and Wingmall.
Wingmarket acts as a supply chain solution, streamlining supply chain management for SMEs and corporate businesses. WingAgri serves as a reliable agriculture e-commerce platform, connecting farmers with buyers through a virtual marketplace. Wingmall, a trusted B2C platform, is widely used by numerous restaurants in Cambodia, ensuring seamless transactions and enhancing the customer experience.
The strategic partnership between CGCC, FASMEC, and Wing Bank is poised to foster a supportive environment for financial accessibility, effectively addressing the hurdles SMEs encounter in securing loans, and expanding their market accessibility.
“We are delighted to partner with Wing Bank and CGCC, as it presents a remarkable opportunity for FASMEC members SMEs who face challenges in accessing finance due to a lack of collateral,” said Okhna Te Taing Por, President of FASMEC. “This partnership will enable them to expand their businesses and achieve substantial growth.”
According to local media reports, the Ministry of Industry, Science, Technology, and Innovation registered 43,974 small and medium enterprises (SMEs) last year. These registered SMEs provided 444,504 jobs for Cambodian individuals. SMEs comprise about 90 per cent of all enterprises, contributing to 58 per cent of the GDP and employing over 70 per cent of the workforce.
FASMEC Members can conveniently visit any Wing Bank branches to apply for a loan, where dedicated staff are ready to assist them with all their financial needs. The members can also approach Wing Bank staff during the training sessions organized by FASMEC throughout the country.
Credit to: Khmer Times, Published on 23 August 2023